Recipe banana nut bread is wholesome, nutritious, and fragrant with the rich fragrance of bananas. This bread is a true treat – both tasty and nutritious.
Trivia: It’s possible that banana quick bread might first have appeared in America in the 18th century. At that time, a chemical leavening agent named pearlash was discovered and used for fast leavening.
This page contains two yeast recipes for banana bread and one quick bread recipe for banana bread.
The following recipe banana nut bread is a yeast bread that is prepared manually.
How To Make Banana Nut Bread
- 4 3/4 cup flour
- Optional but recommended: Bread Dough Enhancer . Use per manufacturer’s instructions.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 pkg yeast
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk – undiluted
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 2 tbsp margarine, melted
- Mix together 1 1/4 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar, salt and undissolved yeast. Heat evaporated milk, water, and margarine to lukewarm. Add to dry ingredients; beat 2 minutes at medium speed of mixer. Add eggs, banana, and 1 cup flour; beat at high speed 2 minutes. Stir in pecans and enough remaining flour to make stiff dough.
- Knead 8 to 10 minutes. Set in greased bowl; grease top. Cover; let rise until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down. Divide in half; shape into loaves. Place in 2 greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch loaf pans. Cover; let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Mix remaining sugar and cinnamon. Brush loaves with melted margarine; top with sugar mixture. Bake at 375F 25 to 35 minutes.