These Chocolate Beetroot Muffins are super moist, fluffy and are healthy. A Perfect breakfast muffin recipe with goodness of beetroot and with a touch of chocolate are absolutely irresistible!
250 grams Beetroot
1 Cup Wheat Flour
1/2 Cup Oats Flour
3/4th Cup Brown Sugar
2 tablespoon Cacao Powder
1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
2 Large Eggs
1/4 Cup Low Fat Milk
1/2 Cup Vegetable oil ( I used Sunflower Oil)
Few Dark Chocolate Chips for topping (optional)
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE BEETROOT MUFFINS
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Peel the beetroots and grate with a grating disc and set aside. You’ll get approximately 1 cup of grated beetroot.
- In a bowl sift together wheat flour, oats flour, salt and baking powder.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs , sugar and oil.
- Stir in cacao powder and mix well so that no lumps are formed.
- Now stir in the grated beets and mix well.
- Slowly fold in the flour mixture stirring until just blended.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups about ¾ full. Add few chocolate chips to the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until well-risen or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Remove muffins and transfer to a cooling rack.