How To Make an Italian Bread
This Italian bread recipe is easy! And delicious!
Trivia: In Italy, each region has its own bread recipe! There are many varieties of Italian bread. In this article, we will introduce you this delicious recipe that you can try in your kitchens with ease.
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 7/8 cup warm water
- 2 1/2 cups Unbleached Bread Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons salt
- Cornmeal to sprinkle on baking sheet
- Tip: This recipe calls for a processor. The Kitchen Aid 700-Watt 12-Cup Food Processors is an excellent choice, suitable for cooks at all levels of expertise
- Proof yeast and 1/2 tsp sugar in 7/8 cup warm water for 10 minutes in a warm place. In processor, mix flour, remaining 1 teaspoon sugar and salt for 20 sec. With processor running, pour in the yeast mixture in a continuous stream. The dough should combine and come clean from the sides of the bowl within a few seconds. Add more warm water by the teaspoon if necessary. After dough combines, let the processor run (to knead) for 30-40 seconds.
- Remove dough and roll it with your hands to about 18 inches long. Place on sheet that has been sprinkled with corn meal (to prevent dough from sticking). Cover loosely with oiled plastic wrap. Allow to rise in warm place for about 45 minutes. Preheat oven 375. Remove plastic and diagonally slash loaf with a sharp knife at about 3-inch intervals.
- Place your Italian bread recipe in the oven.
- Spray loaf with water or place a pan of warm water in the rack beneath and bake for 20 min or until lightly browned
- Wilton Cake Pans, Other Cake Pans, Novelty Bakeware Items