If the thought of cooking up a healthy soup for dinner makes your stomach rumble (as within the sort of rumble that asks, “How many slices of bread am I getting to got to have with this to truly satisfy my hunger?”) – then you ought to re-evaluate. This Tuscan navy bean and kale soup are as hearty because it is healthy. Furthermore, it only takes 40 minutes to form.
This Tasty Soup Will Become one among Your Favorite Dishes!
6 to 8 persons
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 onion, diced
• 2 medium carrots, diced
• 2 medium celery stalks, diced
• ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
• ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
• ½ teaspoon dried thyme
• 6 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
• 1 quart vegetable / chicken stock
• 2 (15.5 oz) cans cannellini beans, drained, and rinsed
• 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
• 2 teaspoons salt
• ½ teaspoons black pepper
• Parmesan cheese rind (optional)
• 3 cups chopped kale
1. In a large stock pot, heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the carrots, celery, onions, and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes.
2. Add the chili flakes, thyme, rosemary, and minced garlic, and cook until fragrant.
3. Add the vegetable broth, tomatoes, beans, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar, and Parmesan rind, if using.
4. Bring the soup to the boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and add the kale.
5. Cover and cook for around 15-20 minutes (or until the kale has been fully cooked).
6. Serve with Parmesan cheese and crusty bread (if you wish).