Zucchini Bread Made with Yeast
you may also like :
Recipe To Make Zucchini Bread
Recipe To Make Zucchini Bread with Chocolate
- 1 lb grated zucchini
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 pkg dry yeast
- 1 1/4 cup lukewarm water
- 3 1/2 cup flour
- Optional but recommended: Bread Dough Enhancer. Use per manufacturer's instructions.
- -Olive Oil -- for brushing
- Place alternate layers of grated zucchini and salt in a colander. Let drain over the sink for 30 minutes. Squeeze out excess moisture.
- Combine the yeast with 1/4 cup of lukewarm water, stir, and wait for 15 minutes.
- Place the zucchini, yeast, and flour in a bowl. Stir together, and add just enough of the remaining water to obtain a rough dough.
- Knead on a floured surface until smooth and elastic. Return the dough to the bowl, cover with a plastic bag, and rise until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hrs.
- Grease a baking sheet. Punch down dough and knead into a tapered cylinder. Place on a baking sheet, cover, and rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 45 mins.
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Brush with olive oil and bake until golden, 40 to 45 mins. Cool recipe zucchini bread on a wire rack.